Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pacific Storm Moving On Shore

A large storm system is moving across the western US today and it will bring the most widespread taste of autumn so far this season.

Most of the intermountain west will see rain and even snow showers over the weekend with highs only in the 50s and 60s with lows in the 20s and 30s.

It's even been frosty around the Great Lakes states the past few mornings!

I love this time of year.

Today I mowed the yard, shut down the sprinkler systems and did some other "winterizing" chores.

Welcome Lucy Lu! She is my new basset that I adopted this weekend so my boy basset (Samson) would have some companionship.

I am also babysitting Sierra (also a basset) so it is nothing but puppy love around here.

As I worked in the yard they ran their little hearts out. Now all 3 are stretched out in the living room taking a lunchtime nap.

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to upload some pictures of them please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have had 8 days of the storms now, and I have had 1.59 inches of rain in October, and where I live (Oakridge, Oregon), we have new snow all around us and slick highways at the pass levels, and the mountains look like Christmas with the fir trees wearing new coats of white

    ReplyDelete