Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Winter Storm Set To Roll By

A cold front moved through the Denver area Monday evening.

While driving to my part-time job I saw several huge bolts of lightning.

One was right in front of me as I barreled down I-70 at 70 mph -- it made me see spots it was so close and bright.

Interestingly enough, I never heard thunder. But I talked to several people who did.

The cold front may trigger a little bit of severe weather on Tuesday over western Kansas, extreme eastern Colorado and the panhandles of Oklahoma and Texas.

The threat for severe weather will shift southeast toward the Ark-la-tex by Wednesday. (Ark-la-tex is where Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas join together) Also know as the Red River Valley.

On the cold side of the storm, there will be a rain-snow mix from extreme northeast Colorado up through western Nebraska and the central Dakotas.

1 year ago this week we saw one of the worst tornado outbreaks ever in the month of October with dozens of twisters touching down between October 17-19, 2007 -- from lower Michigan to the Gulf Coast.

One of the worst twisters was an EF-3 that struck Nappanee, Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment