Monday, October 1, 2007

Severe Storms Move Across Plains

I was in southern Missouri on Sunday afternoon, and although I left before the severe storms moved through, I did see the clouds moving in from the southwest and felt the gusty winds at the surface from the southeast.

Some of the remnants from those storms actually moved through central Arkansas around sunrise this morning. It was fun waking up to the sound of moderate rain. It took me back to when I was a kid.

(It is so rare to wake up to moderate rain or thundershowers in Colorado!)

Portions of Missouri and Iowa saw over an inch of rain on Sunday, as did a few stations in Wisconsin, Florida, Texas, Illinois and South Dakota.

I am heading back to Denver this afternoon so will be able to do a little bit better job of posting once I am back home and in my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment