Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fall In The Rockies

Fall in the Rockies means rapidly changing weather, in addition to other things like the beautiful changing aspen, hibernating bears, etc.

Less than 24 hours ago I was riding my bike around a suburban Denver metro area park enjoying a high of 80 degrees.

Now I am sitting at my computer on Sunday morning watching it snow outside.

The snow in Denver is almost right on time -- our average first snow falls on October 19. Today is the 21st.

The beauty is it will be leave almost as fast as it came with sunny skies and a return into the 50s by tomorrow.

My family in Arkansas says oh my gosh, how do you deal with that. We'd be stuck in the house, maybe for a few days!! It's true, just mention the word flurry in the forecast there and the store's shelves go bare. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment