Friday, October 9, 2009

First Time Gauge Reader Overflows

I have such a great story about a girl I went to kindergarten with at Bayou Meto Elementary in Jacksonville, Arkansas.

She and I found each other on Facebook a few months back and she learned that I was a meteorologist. She shared with me that she was a die hard weather buff and had started following CoCoRaHS and my blog.

This past week she signed up to be an observer and her gauge arrived this week. Her husband installed it yesterday just in time to catch rain from an overnight squall line that moved through central Arkansas.

Guess what?

Her first report was 2.60 inches! So lucky to overflow on her very first day of measuring for CoCoRaHS!

Congratulations Shannon -- so glad our paths have crossed again after all these years and really glad to have you as part of the extended CoCoRaHS family!

1 comment:

  1. Just in time for a large measurement hah. I welcome her and all new observers to CoCoRaHS : And I also say Thanks to All long time observers as well.

    ReplyDelete