Monday, February 11, 2008

I Missed All The Active Weather

Well folks I am back from my trip, it was interesting -- and SO hard being away from a computer and not being able to follow the severe weather outbreak and winter storms -- esp. when the tornadoes were just a county away from where I grew up and my family still resides.

I think I mentioned I had to travel to Las Vegas for work. It was a very interesting flight from Denver to Vegas -- snow pack almost the entire way except for the immediate approach into Vegas.

Even southern Utah, northern Arizona and western Colorado (non-mountain regions) are white instead of the typical red.

Vegas was cold last week with highs in the 40s. All the local weather forecasters kept talking about how it has been such a cold year for them.

It just seems like the weather patterns are out of whack all over doesn't it? I vowed to Nolan when I started this blog that it would not become an opinionated global warming chat room filled with facts and myths about climate change.

And I intend to keep it that way.

But over the past few years, it seems like the weather patterns, once they get out of whack, they are quite extreme for those who are in the storm track.

Last year it was eastern Colorado with our huge blizzards, this year it is the whole intermountain west and portions of the central states.

I don't want to speculate as to why the weather has been so extreme for some, but I think it is a good wake up call for us to continue to educate ourselves about climate and weather -- and to be prepared for the worst -- that way if the worst does occur -- you have a much better chance to weather the storm and protect both your life and property.

No comments:

Post a Comment